Scan Technology – Your Trusted Resource for all Things IT.
Scan Technology has been an industry leader for more than 30 years. During that time, there have been countless innovations and advancements made in automated identification and data collection technologies. It’s important to understand these changes as they happen. Below are several helpful resources to help you make the most informed business decisions possible. If you have additional questions, please call 877-722-6784 or contact us today.
- Color Imaging White Paper
The Emergence of Color Imaging and Its Positive Impact on Caregiver Workflow and Patient Care
- What You Need to Know Before Purchasing A Rugged Mobile Computer
Once a very small portion of the mobile computing market, demand for industrial strength, rugged, mobile computers is growing at a rapid rate.
- Disinfectant-Ready Housing Positioning Statement
Healthcare professionals are at the front-line of patient care, ensuring safety through infection control. Rev 1/30
- How Mobile Computer Power Management Impacts Operators’ Hard and Soft Costs
Bob delivers a package, scanning its bar code to record the delivery—and discovers that his computer has shut down.
- Remote Management of Mobile Computers
Use of mobile computers for barcode scanning, signature recording, voice and data communication and many other tasks has taken mobile employee productivity and customer service to previously unimagined levels.
- The Importance of Mobile Computer Durability and Ergonomics—Why Rugged Devices Cost Less
Considering all costs of ownership over the lifetime of mobile computers, true-industrial devices cost less—and provide a far greater return on investment (ROI). Rev 5/09
- Tracking The Critical Link in Patient Safety
Tracking patients, medications and data is already playing a significant role in healthcare’s evaluation and adoption of IT. Rev 5/09
- Redefining the Patient Wristband
Reduction of errors in the hospital starts with accurate patient identification. Bar codes are becoming a standard feature on the patient wristband. Mobile computers and bar code readers allow bedside reading of the patient ID code. Rev 6/09
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology Robust Secure Connectivity for Cordless Scanning Applications
Bluetooth wireless technology is a short-range communication technology intended to replace the cables connecting portable and/or fixed devices while maintaining high levels of security.